This page is dedicated to media including articles, interviews and stories about Chapman Basketball Academy, CBA South, participants and/or coaches involved in our programs. We are very proud of everyone that is involved in making our programs successful. And stories about being on the court or how our Chapman Teams succeed off the court are important to us. Please let us know if you have some stories to share.
Hey everyone and welcome back to the podcast! I’m very much looking forward to you all heading our guest on today’s episode. We are joined by Dave Mentowski who is currently the executive director for Chapman Basketball Academy. Dave operates the south division as part of his role with Chapman. Dave coaches teams, and performs skills training with an emphasis on shooting.
Topics discussed with Dave today:
* How working in the business world transformed into coaching basketball
* Some of the things that are being done well in youth athlete development
* Common mistakes Dave sees with youth shooting techniques among other things
* What separates the all-time great shooters from the rest of us
* How Dave is leveraging his online training during the COVID-19 Pandemic
In the first hour, Mike McGivern is joined by Coaches Scott Herrick and Joel Claassen from Pius XI and they talk about the Hank Raymonds Classic. They are also joined by Kery Trotter and Bo Ellis. In the second hour, McGivern welcomes in Dave Mentowski from Chapman Basketball Academy. (Starts at the 45 minute mark) They speak with Steve Raymonds and Kent Dernbach, the Head Coach at UW La Crosse.